Powerbrake X4 / 325x28mm (12.75”) big brake kit (front) – MSRP $1995
• 2 x PB-X4 billet 4-piston race calipers including top caliper brace, stainless steel pistons & hardware (hard anodized).
• 2 x Two Piece floating disc assemblies featuring our SASS-float system, staggered cooling vanes and billet hats (hard anodized).
• 2 x Billet aluminum caliper mounting brackets (hard anodized).
• 2 x Stainless steel braided Teflon brake lines with 32-strand stainless steel braid and stainless steel end fittings.
• All necessary mounting hardware.
Powerbrake pad recommendation – PB13 – MSRP $275.00
We have extensive brake dyno tested & on car tested this compound for lighter cars - Powerbrake PB13 compound is an strong race compound that will require some heat in the system.
X-Line Big Brake Kit range design philosophy
For 2016 Powerbrake has launched our next generation X-Line big brake kit range. Powerbrake X-Line calipers are true race calipers that can also be used in long-term street and track day applications as a result of a number of additional design features that have been incorporated into the caliper designs. The X-Line big brake kit concept is to supply customers with a crossover product line that (when fitted with the appropriate pad compound for the intended application) can be used over a wide range of enthusiast and race applications including fast-road, track day and full race. To be clear - Powerbrake X-Line calipers are true race products. Machined from solid billet aerospace grade aluminum, these calipers feature ultra-rigid FEA enhanced designs, scalloped stainless steel pistons and type-3 mil-spec hard anodised finish typically only found in high-level works race calipers. The addition of internal wiper seals and all stainless steel hardware (bleed screws, tube nuts, pad retaining pins, abutment plates etc) further enhances the long term durability and service life of our X-Line calipers under every day street driving conditions. The result is one of the most versatile big brake kit ranges on the world market. Powerbrake X-Line = Works-level race calipers that can also be used for long-term street and track day applications (when fitted with appropriate pads).
- Compact 4-piston race caliper.
- Design is FEA optimised for maximum strength and rigidity.
- Machined from the highest quality aerospace grade aluminium billets resulting in optimal strength and rigidity.
- Caliper bodies are mil-spec type-3 hard anodised for max durability and wear resistance.
- Stainless steel pistons ensure maximum durability and significantly reduce heat transfer rate to seals and brake fluid (when compared to the aluminium pistons used by many of our competitors).
- Pistons are scalloped to allow super-heated air to escape resulting in reduced operating temps and hand polished to a mirror finish on the outside diameter to assist in achieving maximum seal life.
- Ultra-high temperature pressure seals and internal wiper seals ensure maximum durability and service life.
- High-tensile caliper cross-bolts are manufactured in Europe and coated with a proprietary anti-corrosion coating that provides unmatched corrosion resistance and does not negatively affect bolt strength at all.
- Seamless CuNi fluid crossover tubes (not pictured in the renders below) provide maximum corrosion resistance and unmatched resistance to vibration-related issues (that can affect seamed tubes used by many of our competitors).
- All other caliper hardware (bleed screws, tube nuts, pad retaining pins and pad abutment plates) are stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Maximum Temperature Recording (MTR) system provides a permanent record of the peak operating temperatures reached by the calipers during use.
- All logos and serial numbers are laser-etched onto the calipers which makes them impervious to damage from brake cleaners and solvents (as is the case with the painted logo’s used by many of our competitors).
Rotors - The disc friction rings used in our X-Line disc assemblies are cast from a proprietary high-carbon cast iron alloy cast in Europe that provides excellent durability and stability under the high thermal loads experienced during race, track day & fast road driving. The discs feature our curved, directional, staggered cooling vane design that increases cooling vane surface area for optimal cooling.
Maximum Temperature Recording (MTR)
- Blue paint – turns light brown at 527 deg F
- Green paint – turns white at 860 deg F
- Orange paint – turns yellow at 1022 deg F
- Red / Pink paint – turns white at 1166 deg F
- Wide Red paint strip – various shades from 219 – 2318 deg F